Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is using his cancer to take a jab at the US. On Wednesday, he speculated America might have developed a way to give Latin American leaders the disease, after Argentina‘s Cristina Fernandez joined the list of presidents diagnosed.
The controversial statement is typical of Venezuela‘s socialist leader, who underwent surgery in June to remove a tumor from his pelvis.
Hugo Chavez, Venezuelan President, said, “Would it be strange if they had developed the technology to induce cancer and nobody knew about it until now? And we found out about it 50 or who knows how many years from now? I don’t know. I’m just reflecting, but this is very, very strange that we have all got cancer.”
- | Chavez speculates why Latin American Presidents get cancer! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- US rejects Hugo Chavez remarks on Latin America leaders getting cancer (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Chavez: Is US Behind Cancer in Latin American Leaders? (newser.com)
- Hugo Chavez: The US Is Giving Our Leaders Cancer (inquisitr.com)
- From Fidel Castro to Hugo Chavez: with great power comes truly great paranoia – Telegraph (wpvins.wordpress.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez Speculates over Coincidence of Leftwing Latin American Presidents with Cancer (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Cristina Kirchner cancer: Hugo Chavez ponders if US gave Latin American leaders cancer (telegraph.co.uk)
- Venezuelan President: Barack Obama Gave Me Cancer (bossip.com)
- Hugo Chavez: Is U.S. Giving Latin American Leaders cancer? (blippitt.com)
- Venezuela: Chavez mulls US cancer ‘plot’ (independent.co.uk)