It’s always amusing when people take a stand as if they have the absolute truth in regards to religion. In this case Evangelical Christians seem to have found a new “M” word to hate, and this time it’s not Muslims, It’s Mormons!
Now this is not a new conflict, but it has recently been thrusted into the limelight by Politics. within the last 8 years, 3 high profile Mormons have sought the presidency in the United States. Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and John Huntsman. None have been successful yet, but currently the Republican Front-runner for their 2012 Presidential nomination is Mitt Romney.
But the vast majority of Republicans are finding it very difficult to support a Mormon candidiate, hence the calvacade of front-runners who are “NOT” Romney. One of the most outspoken people on this subject has been Dr. Robert Jeffress of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas……..
- FAMiLY guy Bob Van der Plaats says Mitt Romney ‘dissed’ evangelicals, so Rick Santorum got his nod (dailykos.com)
- Neil J. Young: Lessons from Iowa’s Evangelicals (huffingtonpost.com)
- For Mitt Romney, ‘Mormon Factor’ Could Still Hold Down His Iowa Vote (huffingtonpost.com)
- Romney’s Evangelical Problem Starts With Theology (huffingtonpost.com)
- -Different Theology But Similar Values (Should Evangelicals Vote for a Mormon?) (answersforthefaith.com)
- Religious right leaders admit Romney’s Mormonism matters to evangelical electorate (americablog.com)
- Eyeing Santorum’s Possible Base in New Hampshire (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Satan Endorses the Presidency of Mitt Romney (almostanythinggoesbelievism.wordpress.com)
- Despite Divide, Evangelicals Could Support A Mormon (npr.org)
- Harold Bloom Questions Mitt Romney and Mormonism (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Frank Schaeffer: The Great Evangelical Disaster of 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Review: Imaginary Jesus (ldstalk.wordpress.com)
- David Briggs: Anti-Mormon Attacks: It’s Not Personal, Mitt. It’s Just Politics (huffingtonpost.com)
- America’s Muslims?: (brothersjuddblog.com)