Aivaz and the 10th and Union warehouse entered into a self-described “gay marriage,” surrounded by friends singing of love and united against displacement in their neighborhood by means of new development.
Aivaz told the crowd of approximately 50 people about her relationship with the building, which is slated to be demolished in a week to make way for a new apartment complex.
In December, she said, she and 16 Occupy Seattle activists linked arms and occupied the warehouse to fight against gentrification and for community space..
- Seattle woman marries warehouse, the world makes jokes (seattlepi.com)
- Seattle Woman Weds Building, Calls It a Gay Marriage: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Woman Marries Building (weeklyworldnews.com)
- Warehouse fiancé: US woman to ‘gay-marry’ historical building (rt.com)
- Woman wants to marry a building… (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Wacky Woman To Marry A Building? (uniquedaily.com)
- Seattle woman might not get to marry doomed warehouse (seattlepi.com)
- Woman to Marry a Building (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)