Archive for June, 2013
Edward Snowden, the whistleblower who exposed the NSA’s PRISM surveillance program and a number of similar government initiatives over the course of the last few weeks, has left Hong Kong and is currently in transit in Moscow. According to Wikileaks, which has been providing legal assistance to Snowden, he “is bound for the Republic of Ecuador via a safe route for the purposes of asylum, and is being escorted by diplomats and legal advisors from WikiLeaks.”
That democratic nation, the earliest reports suggested, was Venezuela, with Moscow just being the first stop on his journey. Now, however, it looks like Ecuador, which also offered asylum to Wikileaks’ founder Julian Assange, has taken an interest in this case, too. Earlier this week, it seemed Snowden was going to head for Iceland.
Update (9:58am PT): It now looks as if Snowden has indeed applied for asylum…
View original post 407 more words
In 1988, the nation learned the truth about the alleged crimes against Tawana Brawley, but the shocking story was far from over.
- The NYT revisits the Tawana Brawley rape hoax scandal – and Al Sharpton’s role. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- The Daily Beast Takes a Look Into the Mixed Past of Rev. Al Sharpton – From Tawana Brawley to Primetime (blackchristiannews.com)
- Hoaxer Tawana Brawley Celebrated in New Jersey Fund-Raiser (amren.com)
- Progressives and Race Baiters Will Follow … (sandiateaparty.com)
- Tawana Brawley, Al Sharpton and Nelson Rockefeller, 25 Years Later (powerlineblog.com)
- The NY Times and The Daily Beast Are Finally Ashamed of Al Sharpton (iowntheworld.com)
- Progressives & Race Baiters Will Follow (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- “A Tale of Two Women: Brawley and Meili ©” by Alton H. Maddox, Jr. (africanbloodsiblings.wordpress.com)
- Progressives and Race Baiters Will Follow … (fggam.org)
- Sharpton, Issa and Living Down the Past (commentarymagazine.com)